Hearty Hungarian Goulash (Lipton Soup Mix Version)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a recipe from the back of the box of Lipton Onion Mushroom soup. It was my first experience with goulash and I loved it.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup water
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles
- In Dutch oven or large saucepan, heat oil and brown beef. Add tomatoes, onion soup mix and paprika. Simmer covered, stirring occasionally for 1 - 1 1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Stir in flour and salt blended with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. To serve, arrange goulash on noodles. Makes about 6 servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION