Heart Healthy Hummus
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 minced garlic cloves (roast the garlic first for best flavor*)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor, combine the oil, lemon juice, beans, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a small bowl.
- Serve with pita wedges if desired.
- Easy roasted garlic: Take 4 large cloves of garlic and place onto a medium hot griddle. Cook, turning them every few minutes until soft- be careful and don't burn them!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>We own a small ranch located in Napa, California. We used to be considered odd because we grew most of our food and lived frugally. Now we are viewed as trendy- go figure!</p> <p>Anyway, we raise chickens for meat and eggs, have tons of fruits and vegetables and do it all without using pesticides or chemicals.</p> <p>We also cook almost everything we eat from scratch. It takes a lot longer, but ours is the house that everyone wants an invitation to dinner at.</p>