Healthy Pumpkin Seed Pancakes - Flourless and Low Carb
- Ready In:
4 medium sized pancakes
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds (unsalted)
- 1 cup water (room temperature)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients into blender. Blend until you get a good pancake batter consistency. And more water if needed.
- Add stevia powder and vanilla and blend to combine.
- Pour batter onto oiled pan. (non-stick works well).
- Cook on medium low heat until browned on one side, then flip and cook until done. About 3 - 4 minutes on each side, more or less depending on how thick/dense your pancake mixture is.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a work-at-home mom aspiring artist. I cook for my husband and four year old daughter. Over the last year I have had to cut out caffeine, chocolate, refined grains and sugar. So I have been focusing on healthy foods and I hope to lead a good example for my little one. A few months ago I found out that I have an intolerance to wheat and bovine dairy, so I am always on the look out for dairy free and wheat/gluten free recipes. (Update 2009 - It is no longer thought that I have issues with wheat. So I now use wheat flour in my cooking, but I try not to consume too much of it. I am however still lactose intollerant and so is my daughter.) Also I am currently dabbling with a semi-vegetarian diet and doing a bit of low carb. Though cooking has been a bit of a challenge with all the dietary restraints, I have been feeling great. So I plan to keep up with this. My family maintains an omni diet, but I don't mind it at all. The main focus on food for us is health and enjoyment. :)