Healthy Protein Pumpkin Cheesecake
If you love cheesecake and pumpkin pie, you wll love this healthy, high protein version. My whole family loves this one! This is great around the holidays. Who said eating right had to be boring? Make sure you use Pumpkin PUREE, NOT pie filling since that has added sugar.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 reduced fat graham cracker crust
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free (fat free, sugar free)
- preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- in large bowl combine ricotta cheese, pumpkin, maple syrup, splenda, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, and protein powder. mix well.
- pour mixture into pie shell and smooth out with spoon or spatula
- bake for 30 to 40 minutes until filling is set.
- let cool for 15 minutes. Refrigerate for a least 2 hours before serving.
- serve with a tbsp of the cool whip and enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe is from the book Eating for Life and I made it while following Body-for-Life. The flavor is great compared to other foods you eat on this diet, but it is not suitable to serve to dinner guests who aren't watching their weight. Your family will probably eat it, though. The texture is a bit grainy but the flavor is outstanding. I made it without a crust and it turned out fine. I highly recommend it if you are on a diet, since it is both nutritious and flavorful. If you're not on a diet, have real pumpkin pie instead. I love how it tastes for being sugar-free, fat-free, and full of lean protein.Reply
Made for PAC Sept '07 I substituted a homemade (fiber one cereal crumbs & melted butter crust) for the graham cracker crust but otherwise followed the recipe. It never really set up so when I cut it into pieces it sort of mushed in all directions. The flavor is good (but a tad too artificial tasting w/ all the splenda & sugar-free syrup) without the sweetness I think the protein powder flavor would overwhelm it though. I loved the idea of this pie & the nutrition profile on it is great. I will definitely try it again with some tweaking toward my own tastes. Thanks for sharing this inspiring dessert recipe!!! Quick update: on the next day the flavors of this pie really work well & the texture is much better. Still a little mushy but I'm upgrading to 4stars for flavor & nutrition!!Reply