Healthy Pancakes and Syrup
- Ready In:
- 1 cup wild rice pancake mix (Arrowhead Mills brand)
- 1 cup organic unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons organic dark agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries (or other berries)
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon earth balance vegan margarine (or other non-hydrogenated margarine)
- Pancakes: Mix all ingredients in large mixing bowl. Heat pan on medium-high and spray with organic, low-calorie non-stick spray. Use 2 heaping tablespoons of batter to make each pancake. While first side of pancakes are cooking, add desired items (optional, such as vegan chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, etc; [will change calorie count]). Flip pancakes when firm to cook other side. Servings: 2; Serving size: 3 pancakes; Per serving: calories 339; fat 1.7g.
- Syrup: In a small sauce pan heat strawberries (or other berries), applesauce, and margarine on medium-low heat and cover. Berries will thaw and become soft. Mush berries with a spoon to make a chunky mixture. Add agave nectar and lower heat to simmer. Pour over pancakes hot off the stove or cold. Servings: 2; Serving size: approximately 1/4 cup; Per serving: calories 180; fat 3g.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!