Healthy Jungle Bars
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a flourless, eggless. bakeless bar. Kids will love these, it gave me a lot of energy, I addopted this from a recipe site
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup dried fig, chopped
- 1 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups granola cereal
- 1 cup chopped toasted almond
- 2 tablespoons almonds or 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix everything together really well.
- Dump the mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking pan and smoosh it with a wooden spoon.
- Try to press it down evenly so that it's flat across the pan.
- Cover the pan with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge overnight to allow the flavors to blend.
- Cut it into about 24 squares.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are delicious and fun to make! My husband and I are really enjoying them. The only change I made was to use "craisins" because I do not like raisins. The tartness is nice with the sweetness of everything else, but they are not very "tropical." Maybe next time I will try chunks of dried pineapple or mango. Since this recipe contains raw bananas, and I knew we couldn't use them all before they went bad, I wrapped each bar individually and put them in the freezer. In the morning we each take one out and by the time we need a snack they are thawed.Reply