Healthy Creamy Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs red potatoes, wash and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese spread
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat parmesan cheese, grated
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Add broth; cover. Bring to a boil on high heat; simmer on medium heat 15 minutes, stirring after 8 minutes. Uncover; stir potatoes. Simmer, uncovered for 5 to 6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and most of broth is absorbed.
- Add cream cheese spread. Reduce heat to low. Mash potatoes slightly until cream cheese is melted. Add sour cream and Parmesan; mash until potatoes are smooth and heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very good for being a healthier version of mashed potatoes. Ran out of red potatoes so I used russets and doubled the recipe so I would have leftovers. My potatoes were "gluey" but that was because of the russets and not the recipe. Whipped creamed cheese made for easier mashing and didnt have to wait for anything to melt. Chicken stock gives the potatoes such a nice flavor. Will make again using red potatoes and sure we will enjoy! Thank you Nif for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.