Healthy Chicken Rollatini With Zucchini and Mozzarella
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this one on the "Six Sisters' Stuff" blog and it looks really good. You can use lower fat ingredients to make it even healthier.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese (or parmesan)
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons romano cheese (or parmesan)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil nonstick cooking spray
- Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat.
- Add garlicl when hot and saute a minute, or until golden.
- Add zucchini, 1/4 cup Romano cheese, salt and pepper and saute about 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- When cool, add mozzarella cheese and mix to combine.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 3 tbsp of zucchini-cheese mixture on each cutlet.
- Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lemon-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed). Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- When finished, lightly spray with oil spray.
- Bake 25 - 30 minutes. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION