Healthy Chicken Gyros
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Flavorful grilled chicked gyros that healthy and delicious topped with a creamy yogurt sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 4 whole wheat pita bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 6 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 (4 ounce) package feta cheese
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Place chicken in bowl and toss to coat with 2T olive oil, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken evenly. Let sit 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor, combine feta, yogurt, garlic and 1/8 t black pepper. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a skillet over med-high heat use remaining 2T of olive oil and saute chicken until browned and cooked through.
- Wrap pitas in foil and warm pitas in the oven.
- Mix cucumber and tomatoes into the yogurt sauce.
- Place cooked chicken in pitas, top with sauce.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
For some reason when I see the word "healthy" in the recipe title I expect it to be bland and boring. Wow, was I wrong! These are fantastic and flavorful. I used less feta cheese but it was a garlic/herb variety which I think made up for the reduced quantity. I served on homemade pita bread and will make this recipe often.Reply
A lovely lunch! I didn't have an English cuke so had to make do with a regular one. I also made these in a wrap. Will definitely have these again. Thnx for sharing your recipe, Stuuuaaart, Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0Reply