Healthy Carrot Bread
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place a square of parchment in bottom of a 9” square or round pan. Brush or spray with oil and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl combine apple sauce, oil, eggs, yogurt, brown sugar and carrot. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, combine and sift the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture and pour into baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and top is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I did make a few changes (almost forgot the eggs!) Used kefir for yogurt, so increased sugar to 1 cup. Used 1 1/2 C freshly ground w.w. pastry flour, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp salt. I had to bake it for 40 minutes and it was still almost too wet underneath. I would leave out the oil and increase my flour to 2 cups next time. Maybe only 1 egg would help too. My 6 yo and I both enjoyed the flavor though. Will try again with the changes.