Healthy Brownie in a Mug
photo by Kea C.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water or 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoons whole wheat flour (1/4 cup instead) or 4 tablespoons flour (1/4 cup instead)
- In a microwave safe mug, add water/milk, coconut oil, a pinch of salt, and vanilla extract. Whisk well.
- Add cocoa powder, whisk well. Add sugar, whisk well. Add whole wheat/regular flour, and whisk well.
- Microwave for 60 seconds. The center should be slightly soft. DO NOT OVERCOOK or the brownie will become hard and stiff.
- Enjoy with a spoon. Careful, the brownie will still be hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I’ve tried just about every “brownie in a mug” recipe out there on a google search (at least 7-8 others!) and keep coming back to this one. It really is my favorite. I substitute the coconut oil for regular oil just because I don’t have any coconut oil in the house... and it turns out really good each time. Thanks for a keeper recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to play soccer and softball!