Healthy Broccoli Rabe With Pine Nuts
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Garlicky and nutty broccoli rabe. You can use normal broccoli if you wish, but broccoli rabe is more delicate and more suited for combination with pignoli, in my opnion.
- Ready In:
- 6 cups broccoli rabe, rinsed and large stems removed (about 2 bunches)
- 1⁄2 ounce pine nuts, about 2 tbsp, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon table salt, to taste
- In large stockpot, boil water.
- Add broccoli rabe and blanch 2 minutes.
- In large skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add broccoli rabe and cook 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add pine nuts.
- Toss and serve.
- Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Easy, quick and delicious...my favorite type of recipe! I used a 12 oz. bag of broccoli rabe from Trader Joe's and cooked in the microwave, according to their directions. Then followed RedMeatGirl's directions from step #4. I didn't add salt but did add lots of fresh, coarsely ground pepper, which gave it quite a zip. We loved the nutty addition of pine nuts. Thanks for posting this RMG, it's going to be a regular in our house :)Reply