Healthy Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
photo by Karen=^..^=
- Ready In:
- Place milk, water and sugar in saucepan.
- Chop apple into small, thin chunks. Add it and the dried fruit to the milk mixture.
- Heat the mixture on medium until boiling or near boiling.
- Add oats and cinnamon and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring occasionally. If desired, also add honey, brown sugar or maple syrup.
- When oatmeal is cooked, add vanilla.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This turned out terribly for me. The milk curdled and balled up into chunks I had to fish out before I added the oatmeal. The flavour was medicore, I made a half recipe with a full apple and still hardly had an apple cinnamon taste. I wonder what the sugar is in the directions, step one is add milk, water and sugar but there is no sugar listed in the recipe so I just skipped it.
Such a perfect way to start the day. It's been so cold out and this really hit the spot. I like that it was cooked with milk and water and not just water. I halved the recipe for two, but used a whole apple, 1/4 cup of raisins and toasted walnuts and topped with a little maple syrup. Thanks for sharing the recipe.