Healthier Strawberry Cake
- Ready In:
- 1 (18 ounce) box strawberry cake mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups strawberry puree, unsweetened
- 4 egg whites
- Mix all ingredients at medium speed for two minutes.
- Pour into pan sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Bake as directed for pan size, reducing baking time by 10 minutes to start with, and check with toothpick (without oil the cake can dry out more quickly if you're not careful).
- If desired, frost with a reduced-calorie frosting (Is there such a thing? I just made a butter-cream with Smart Balance and spread it thin), or top with berries and Fat Free Cool Whip.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!