Healing Lotion Butters With Emu
- Ready In:
- 32 beeswax
- 71 g mango butter
- 71 g coconut oil
- 3 g cocoa butter
- 15 g jojoba butter
- 8 g emu oil
- 2 g vitamin E
- Before starting, make sure your work station is as clean as possible. Have clean utensils and pots -- the tubes you are putting your product in have been cleaned. You want to keep your finished product to stay as sterile as possible.
- Combine all the ingredients and heat until just melted, roughly 3 - 4 minutes. Do not let the mixture come to a boil. Pour into 4 deodoant containers.
- Let stand, undisturbed until the butters and oils solidify. When the lotion has solidified, there will be a "well" in the middle of the tube. Take a knife and smooth the edges down for a nicer look.
- This recipe could be cut into half or into fourths so that you only have 1 or 2 deordorant tubes. You don't need exact measurements, like you do with cooking. Use the ingredients as a rough estimate but make sure that you add a bit more of the Emu oil so that you get enough of its healing properties.
- Vitamin E has it's own healing properties, but it is used here as a preservative. With any home products, there is a shelf life of roughly 2 years. I date my sticks -- but I have usually used it up by then!
- Caution: These butters do not have the heavy preservatives that the commercial products have. With any home product that is "applied" to the skin, keep in mind about how clean your skin is and who is going to use it. Beware that if you pass your lotion around you could possible contaminate your stick. The cleaner the enviroment it is going to be used in the longer the shelf life it is going to have. If you are going to share your lotion, use a knife to "skim" some lotion off. Just some "food for thought"!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!