Hawaiiwan Bread Pudding
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Aloha ! Bread pudding started as a way to use leftover bread and became a comfort food desert. This is Chef Sam Choy's Island version.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk
- 8 cups diced day old bread, about 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup diced pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup toasted macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted coconut flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Whisk eggs and sugar together, add milk and coconut milk and mix thoroughly.
- Layer bread, nuts and coconut in a greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Pour the egg mixture evenly over the top and let sit until the egg mixture soaks into the bread.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To serve: Combine pineapple, nuts and coconut and sprinkle over the pudding.
- Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I was raised on bread pudding.And since im now living in hawaii ( military ),I thought id try this recipe and if i could, id give it 20 stars.it was such a easy recipe and the taste of the nuts and coconut gives it such a sweet taste.I absolutely love this recipe and recommend it to everyone.15Reply