Hawaiian Waffles with Pineapple & Coconut
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Hawaiian Waffles With Pineapple & Coconut
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄4 cup canned or fresh coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup chopped, fresh pineapple
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Mix together beaten egg yolk, sour cream, coconut milk, melted butter, and chopped pineapple with some juice.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing well.
- Fold in gently whipped egg whites, and pour into heated and lightly oiled waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown.
- Serve with sliced banana (optional) and pure maple syrup.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Absolutely the best! Such wonderful ingredients that create a waffle like you have never had before. Well worth the time it takes to prepare. Everyone came back for seconds at a recent Hawaiian brunch I prepared. I actually beat the egg whites until fairly stiff and it helped give the waffle a fluffer, smoother taste. I may never have an I-Hop waffle again!!!Reply