MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Easy Home Cooking Magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) jar macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Line 9-inch square pan with foil, extending edges over sides of pan. Sprinkle nuts evenly in single layer in prepared pan.
- Combine butter, sugar, water and salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Attach candy thermometer to side of pan. Continue boiling about 20 minutes or until sugar mixture reaches hard-crack stage (305° to 310°F) on candy thermometer, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Immediately pour over nuts in pan, spreading to edges with spatula.
- Cool completely.
- Place chocolate in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 4 to 5 minutes until chocolate is melted, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Lift toffee out of pan using foil; spread chocolate evenly over toffee.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set.
- Bring to room temperature before breaking toffee.
- Break toffee into pieces. Store in airtight container at room temperature between sheets of waxed paper.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION