Hawaiian Sausage Fried Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground pork sausage
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, cored and shredded
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 6 cups cooked white rice, cold
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- ground black pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the sausage until evenly browned. Drain, and remove sausage from the pan. In the same pan, using the remaining coating of grease from the sausage, scramble the eggs, stirring frequently until cooked through. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a very large skillet or electric skillet over medium-high heat. Stir fry the cabbage and carrots just until the cabbage has wilted. Add the cold rice, and fry, stirring so that there are no clumps.
- Mix in the sausage and pour in some soy sauce. Stir in bean sprouts, peas, and eggs, mixing well so there are no big chunks of egg. Season with pepper, and stir in green onions just before removing from the heat.
- Adjust soy sauce to taste, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!