Hawaiian Kona Chocolate Sauce
Adapted from Taste of Home. The recipe is from a coffee producer in Hawaii. I like it stirred into hot coffee. If you make this in advance, it will need a thorough stirring before serving, and a gentle reheating in the microwave to remelt the butter. This will not be a thick sauce.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄3 cup strong brewed coffee
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, cook and stir coffee and chocolate over low heat until melted.
- Stir in sugar and butter until dissolved/melted.
- Remove fromt he heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve as a garnishing sauce for desserts or over ice cream.