Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches
Something a little different for a weekend lunch.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups minced cooked chicken meat
- 1⁄3 cup minced celery
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 6 well drained pineapple rings
- 6 large round crusty rolls
- 1⁄3 cup grated mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Mix chicken meat, celery, mayonnaise and pecans.
- Salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Slice tops off rolls and remove bread from center (save to make breadcrumbs for another recipe).
- Fill rolls with the chicken mixture, place a pineapple ring on top, then sprinkle with cheddar.
- Broil 4 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until hot and cheese melts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I scaled this back for 2 rolls (medium wholemeal/wholegrain), though I didn't hollow them out just split them in half and piled the mixture onto one half, though I would have used about 3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese between the two instead of the 1/8 cup for two and put in under the grill/broiler till the cheese melted and toasted the exposed half of the roll. The DM thoroughly enjoyed hers but I when making again I would add a sprinkle of hot paprika to the cheese to give a little zing. Thank you *Pixie* and AZPARZYCH for the recommendation, made for I Recommend.