This is a quick, easy appetizer that you probably already have the ingredients on hand. This comes from an old (circa 1972) Sunset Cook Book of Favorite Recipes.
- Ready In:
- 4 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- toast rounds or sliced French bread
- Chop green onions fine.
- Add grated cheese and enough mayonnaise to make a spread of fairly firm consistency.
- Toast one side of bread rounds or sliced French bread.
- Spread mixture on untoasted side and put under broiler just until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I went out and bought a baguette specifically to make this recipe! My only change was not to use Parmesan cheese but a very sharp flavored cheese made at a dairy in the village where my oldest daughter lives. These can be very addictive, but there are a lot worse things you can get addicted to, so why not? I might add some fresh minced garlic next time for a different flavor. Thanks, this one is such a simple recipe, but a winner!