photo by A Teichner Home Chef
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 large firm apples, peeled, cored, and halved vertically
- cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons coconut palm sugar, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon coconut flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (or any other nut) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegan cocount milk vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Starting at the outermost edges, cut most (but not all) of the way through each apple half at 1/8-inch intervals. Place apple halves, cut sides down, in an 8-inch square glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon oil, and ½ teaspoon cinnamon; brush mixture evenly over apple.
- Cover pan with foil; bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Remove foil. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove pan from oven; cool 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons sugar, remaining 1½ tablespoons oil, remaining ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, oats, flour, nuts (optional) and salt. Carefully fan open apple halves. Spoon oat mixture evenly over apples. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Turn broiler to high (leave pan in oven); broil 2 minutes. Serve with ice cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
An interior designer and kitchen & bath designer, who loves to be in the kitchen cooking up new recipes and making old favorites!