Hash Pinwheels With Spunky Cheese Sauce
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Also from Strictly Thrifty using Bisquick. Serve with Whole Green Beans and Fruit Cocktail.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 (15 ounce) can corned beef or (15 ounce) can roast beef hash
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
spunky cheese sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 450*.
- Stir baking mix, water and shortening to a soft dough. Gently smooth dough into a ball on floured, cloth-covered board. Knead 5 times.
- Roll dough into a rectangle, 12x9". Spread hash over dough to within 1/2 inch of edge; sprinkle with pepper. Roll up, beginning at narrow side; cut into nine 1-inch slices.
- Place slices cut side down in greased square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Bake 30 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown. Serve hot cheese sauce over biscuits.
- Spunky Cheese Sauce.
- Melt butter over low heat in saucepan. Blend in baking mix and seasonings. Cook over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly. Remove from heat and stir in milk. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in cheese. Heat over low heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted. About 1 1/2 cups.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION