Hash Browns (Or Rosti) Anna
photo by Red_Apple_Guy
- Ready In:
- Heat a small cast iron skillet (6" at the bottom, flared to 7.5" at the top and 2" deep) with clarified butter in a 400F oven for 10 minutes.
- Add a layler of potatoes, spray with oil and season lightly.
- Repeat layers.
- Note, this can be done by spreading the potatoes on a cookie sheet and spraying and seasoning at one time.
- Bake for 25 minutes covered (foil works well).
- Bake for 20 more minutes uncovered until browned on bottom of pan and done.
- Invert using a small plate and season the browned bottom (now the top).
- Any size pan can be used. Just fill with potatoes until rounded and then remove the potatoes to follow the receipe steps above.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My wife and I live just outside of Atlanta, GA. Two daughters live in town, one with my two grandsons. My son is living in California. I'm a retired environmental manager at a manufacturing facility. My Mom and Dad would have loved this site. Dad was a huge collector of recipes and was in the food industry. Mom was a terrific cook as well. Another influence was a roommate at the Universtiy of Arkansas that was an excellent cook. Today I enjoy barbecuing and grilling year round and cooking in general. My latest adventure is in bread baking. I'm loving it and going to school on it right here on the bread forum. I'm active in a terrific church and also love fly fishing and fly tying.