Hash Browns Casserole With Bacon, Onions, and Cheese
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) package frozen southern style hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup pre-shredded four cheese blend, divided
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- cooking spray
- Cook bacon in a large skillet on medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and crumble.
- Pour off the drippings, add the onion and garlic to pan and cook for 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir frequently.
- Add the potatoes. Cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl combine crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup cheese, green onions, sour cream, salt, pepper, and soup.
- Add potato mixture and toss gently to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the remaining 3/4 cup cheese over the top and cover with foil coated with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove casserole from the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes while your oven preheats.
- Bake covered at 350º for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 30 additional minutes or until bubbly around edges and cheese begins to brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!