Harvest Streusel Coffee Cake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Nothing nicer that a fresh fruit streusel coffee cake warm from the oven! Adapted from Canadian Living magazine (1999)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 4 ripe peaches, about 1 1/4 lbs (choice of fruit, use plums, nectarines, apples or pears)
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, diced
- Peel peaches, (but not plums or nectarines, if using).
- Cut fruit in half and remove pits.
- Place, cut side down, on cutting board, slice thinly; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together, flour, baking powder, baking soda, ginger and salt; stir into butter mixture alternately with sour cream, making 3 additions of dry ingredients and 2 of sour cream.
- Spread batter evenly in greased 13 x 9-inch cake pan.
- Without overlapping, arrange sliced fruit attractively over top.
- Streusel: In a bowl, mix together sugar, flour, almonds and ginger with pastry blender of 2 knives, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit.
- Bake in centre of 350°F oven for about 1 hour or until cake tester inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION