Hard or Soft Biscotti
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon anise oil
- 1 cup milk
- 6 teaspoons baking powder (level teaspoons)
- 6 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts or 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- Cream 1 cup shortening and 2 cups sugar.
- Beat in 6 eggs and 1 teaspoon anise oil.
- Gradually add alternately 1 cup milk, 6 level teaspoons baking powder, 6 cups flour and 1/2 cup chopped peanuts or almonds. Add more flour for a stiffer dough for hard biscotti (about 1 or 2 cups).
- Spoon batter onto cookie sheet into long, thin loaves because batter will spread.
- Keep in oven until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cool, then slice. Lay sideways.
- Return to oven.
- Let brown (10 minutes). Check and turn cookies on other side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note