Actually my mother used this recipe (except for the vodka--my contribution). Pennsylvania women have used it for years (except for the vodka).
- Ready In:
- 1 can sliced beet, drain and save liquid
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 ounce vodka (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- Bring saved liquid to a boil.
- Add cornstarch, salt, vinegar, and sugar.
- Simmer until thickened and bubbles.
- Add sliced beets to sauce (add vodka at this time).
- Heat for three minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation