Hand Pies (Pasties)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- Bring pie crust out and to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease, spray or use parchment on a large baking sheet.
- Mix vegetables, and pork sausage if using. Don't precook the sausage - it will cook when the pies bake.
- Cut crust into small circles, about 2-3 inches across. You should be able to get five or six circles out of each crust if you re-roll the pastry leftovers.
- Place an equal amount of the filling on half of the circles, and top with another circle.
- Fold the edges over each other towards the top, and crimp together like a traditional pie crust. Make a small slit in the center to vent steam, and brush with an egg wash if you like.
- Place each little pie on the prepared baking sheet, and bake for approximately one hour, checking for over-browning.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were quite good. I did precooked my filling a little and put some cubed cream cheese in for some creaminess. I made bigger circles being DH and I were lazy and didn't want to make the small ones. Also I did sprinkled a little herb mixture on the top of the egg wash. This will be something I will make again. Thank you. Made for Spring PAC 09.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My children are now both in college, and am currently caring for my Mom who is convalescing from a stroke. Volunteering has been my main form of entertainment outside the home, but getting out and about is hard to manage right now. Recipezaar forums help out, make me feel I'm participating in the real world. Have had many different types of jobs, but would like to go back to school to get an education degree as soon as Mom is better able to care for herself. Imagine! a new teacher over 55! Love baking, and still volunteer to run the Band Booster Bake Sale even though both my kids have graduated out -- the other volunteers and the customers are just wonderful. Besides, who doesn't mind getting repeat requests for one's specialties? <br /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt= /></p>