I like this recipe because it is easy to make and creates a nutritious and delicious hamburger. This recipe comes from a low fat cookbook titled "Cookbook for the 90's". However, low fat does not mean it will taste any less. In fact everyone has raved at how good these hamburgers taste.
- Ready In:
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 lb flank steaks, ground or 3/4 lb any lean ground meat
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 4 hamburger buns
- alfalfa sprout, if desired
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl combine onions, mustard, relish, catsup, garlic powder, beef and oat bran.
- Throughly mix together.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Broil 7- 10 minutes on each side.
- Slice hamburger buns in half, lightly toast.
- Top with meat patty, lettuce and alfalfa sprouts,if desired.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Makes 4 burgers.
- Note: They can also be cooked on the grill; Add your favorite hamburger toppings.