Hamburger Patties Saucy Style
I found this recipe about 20 years ago in a magazine (don't remember which one though). My whole family loves it and our personal preference is to use cream of mushroom. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can tomato sauce (or 1 can cream of mushroom - your preference)
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Combine ground beef, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Form patties and brown until done.
- In a small bowl, combine tomato sauce (or cream of mushroom), onion, brown sugar, worcestershire, and mustard.
- Pour sauce over patties.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
The hamburger patties were delicious served this way. The meat was perfectly cooked, tender and delicious and the sauce was wonderful. I have never added sugar to mushroom soup before, It helped make a really tasty sauce. My dh was a very happy man. Comfort food at its best, served with mashed potatoes and asparagus. What a lovely meal it was thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Next time I will try it with the tomato sauce. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag Game.