Hamburger Nacho Dip
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle mild salsa
- chopped tomato
- chopped green onion
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- Spread refried beans in lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Brown beef and onion in large skillet. Add taco seasoning mix, taco sauce, water, salsa, and simmer until it starts to thicken.
- Pour ground beef mixture over refried beans.
- Whip cream cheese and sour cream together.
- Spread over beef mixture as best you can.
- Sprinkle chopped tomatoes and green onions over the top.
- Cover with grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips for dipping.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very tasty, and great to snack on during the football game. I used a mild taco sauce and a medium heat salsa, and the heat was just right for us. I also used Monterrey Jack cheese instead of cheddar - it's what I had on hand. The only thing I would do differently next time, is to add the sour cream mixture as a garnish after cooking it. The mixture separated a bit during the cooking process. It didn't affect the taste, though,just the appearance. I made this recipe for PAC Fall 2007. Can't wait to try the other two recipes, Beth!