Ham Steak With Pear Topping
photo by BarbryT
- Ready In:
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can sliced pears
- 1 fully cooked ham steak (about 1 lb & 1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 -3 teaspoon snipped of fresh mint
- Drain pears, reserving the juice.
- Set the pears& juice aside. In skillet, brown the ham steak on both sides in oil Remove & keep warm. Drain the skillet. Combine cornstarch, ginger and water until smooth. Stir in reserved pear juice. Add to the skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer uncovered 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add ham and reserved pears, heat through. Sprinkle with mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is delicious! I recently moved and don't have cornstarch or ginger (cumin, dill, and every other spice but no ginger!). I decided to omit the cornstarch and instead I chopped (and mushed) up the pears to thicken the sauce. I also used cinnamon to give it a kick and omitted the mint. I couldn't believe it still turned out fabulous. Thank you!!
This really was outstanding beyond my expectations! I would never have expected the mint to be such a great addition, but it was truly delicious. This is a quick, easty and great weeknight meal that was a hit with the whole family. We'll absolutley be repeating at my house! THANK YOU for posting it!
see 6 more reviews