Ham Steak With Apples & Cranberries
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider or 2/3 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ham steak, cut into 4 portions
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 apple, peeled cored and diced
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries or 1/4 cup raisins
- In a measuring cup combine apple cider, brown sugar, lemon juice, dijon Mustard, & cornstarch until smooth.
- In a large non-stick skillet heat butter over medium high heat.
- Brown ham on both sides.
- Set aside on plate & keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add liquid mixture, green onions, apple and cranberries.
- Cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Return ham to skillet and cook for 1 -2 minutes or until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of 5, grandmother of 2. I have been cooking for 45 years and it is still my passion. I am married to a chef. My oldest son is also a chef. All my kids are major foodies. We really enjoy getting together for family holidays etc. And it is always all about the food and love & laughter. The baby in the icon is my 4 year old grandson, Oliver. The pic is me on my 59th b'day, my husband gave me those gorgeous pearls and we had a great evening. I also must mention the other lover in my life the very hairy, extemely beautiful, totally black cat named Spike; actually he is afraid of his own shadow so we gave him a tough guy name. One of my sons was a soldier in the Canadian military. I pray for all of our children who so bravely defend our way of life. I try to do something kind everyday. It really is nice to be nice. I detest pettiness, two faced people and dishonesty. I try to treat everyone I touch with the same respect I would like. Also I try not to sweat the small stuff. This is pretty much my survival philosophy. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/stacky5.jpg"> <img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Birthday%20and%20Celebration%20Images/FrenchCheeseoftheWeekClub.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/ThymeSticker.jpg">