Ham on the Street Coffee Rice Krispies Bars, Simple and Yummy!
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package marshmallows or 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate (melted, optional for decoration on top)
- Melt margarine in sauce pan over low heat add marshmallows, coffee and stir until completely melted.
- Add Rice Krispies until completely coated.
- Using your clean hands, spray your hands with with non-stick spray, press evenly into a 9x13 cooking spray coated pan.
- Cut into squares when cool.
Join The Conversation
These were tasty, easy and different. Only complaint was the inconsistent marshmallow amounts based on size. I only had mini and had exactly 4 cups which was appx 1/2 pkg. This would equal 5 oz. No way was it enough to cover 6 cups of krispies. I used 5 cups of krispies and wished I had only used 4 cups as they were a little crumbly. If using minis, I would use the whole pkg (10 oz) also. Based on previous reviews, I also reduced the coffee to 2 Tbls then drizzled with white chocolate. Thanks for posting!
I agree...bit too much coffee but its not too much that no one will eat them. My daughter loves coffee anything. I didnt make a drizzle I melted about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips and smeared it all over the top. Its a nice adultish version of rice krispie treats...next time I think I will cut the coffee down to 2 tbsps and see how that goes.