Ham on Rye Deli-Style Sandwich
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 3 -5 slices deli smoked ham (I add several slices)
- 1 slice American cheese
- 2 -4 slices jewish rye bread (depends if you want to cut and stack it!)
- Kraft mayonnaise (A little or a lot...you decide!)
- green leaf lettuce or iceberg lettuce
- 1 slice tomatoes (optional)
- deli sliced smoked turkey (can be added if you like)
- Toast the slices of Jewish Rye bread, then spread the Kraft REAL MAYO on one or both slices. Add your meat(s), cheese, lettuce, tomato. Then if you like, add a green olive to the top or have a dill pickle spear to compliment this sandwich. Enjoy!
- *Of course you can add or delete any items to suit your own taste!
- **When I am out of rye bread, I use HomePride wheat bread. Also, my husband and I have found the best deli style smoked ham at Wal-Mart Supercenters. It is from Land O' Frost and is called DAGWOOD smoked ham. Absolutely the best in our opinion!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We like to have sandwiches or wraps on Sunday night for a no-fuss, no mess supper. These were excellent! I had dark rye to use up, but it worked beautifully. I piled the meat on and my husband said, "is that all for me?" He was quite pleased. Mysonshine, thank you for a great recipe! We will enjoy this one often!
OMG! This was a wonderful sandwich, and although I stone ground mustard with horseradish in place of the mayo, I did add the turkey as well and could not have been more pleased. I may add some dill pickles next time too! :) Very big sandwich, so bring your appetite with this one! Thanks so much for a simple recipe but oh so good.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Cooking and baking for my family is something I really enjoy. Besides cooking and baking, I like to collect cookbooks, especially those with good, down-home country cooking recipes, the telephone pioneer cookbooks and church/school fundraiser cookbooks. I found Recipezaar?twelve?years?ago and now I use it more than any of my other cookbooks. Oh yes, I love Recipezaar! Everyone sharing recipes from all over the World...what a wonderful way to connect with one another!