Ham and Turkey Noodle Soup
photo by hobbs1959
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, boiling
- 1⁄2 cup ham, cooked (cooled and diced)
- 1⁄2 cup turkey, cooked (cooled and diced or shredded)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine sea salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (either store bought or home-made)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Once at a boil, add the salt, soy sauce, herbes de Provence, pepper and olive oil. Add the soy first, take a taste and put in the salt if you think it needs it.
- After 30 seconds or so, add the penne. Give it a stir and let the pasta cook for 5-8 minutes or whatever it says on the packet.
- After about 5 minutes, put the meat into the pot and stir. Continue cooking until the pasta is aldente, another 3-4 minutes.
- Serve in a bowl with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> I'm living in NY but I am at college in DC. other than cooking, I love to travel. I like to discover the foods of a particular area or country.