Ham and Pepper Piperade
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 roma tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 1⁄4 ounces baby potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 1⁄2 ounces roasted peppers, in oil, drained (mixed colors if possible)
- fresh ground black pepper
- 5 ounces smoked ham, cut into strips
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten and seasoned
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onions and garlic and sauté gently for 3-4 minutes or until just softened.
- Add the tomatoes, potatoes, thyme, mixed peppers and salt and pepper. Lower the heat and continue cooking for 5 minutes to allow the flavours to combine.
- Add the ham and stir well to distribute evenly.
- Pour the eggs into the frying pan. Stir occasionally until they are just beginning to set but are still slightly soft.
- Serve immediately with warm bread, and a fresh green salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)