Ham and Mozzarella Sticks
I think this came from one of my Paula Deen recipes. My grandchildren love these but so does everyone that tries them.
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) package mozzarella string cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package deli-sliced ham
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper: set aside.
- Wrap each string cheese stick in 2 slices of ham, being sure to secure ends.
- Unroll phyllo dough. Brush 1 sheet evenly with melted butter. Top with a second sheet of phyllo, brushing evenly with butter. Roll prepared cheese in butter phyllo sheets, being sure to secure tightly.
- Brush tops and sides with melted butter. Tear 1 phyllo sheet into strips, and layer strips onto buttered sticks. Repeat procedure with remaining prepared cheese stick, ham, phyllo, and butter.
- Place on prepared baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly browned.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is a much better recipe than my picture shows, as I had leaks in my phyllo dough, and didn't realize it until it was too late. But that made no matter, as they had been cooked on a Sil-pat, and the edges of the cheese got all crusty and I just 'draped' it over the stick, to eat. Tasty, I will tuck this one away for the next time I'm having appy night with phyllo. Thanks so much for sharing, Country Cook in Oklahoma.