Ham and Macaroni Bake
- Ready In:
- Cook macaroni. Drain.
- In large saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter.
- Blend in flour, brown sugar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Stir in cooked macaroni, ham, and apple slices.
- Turn into a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Combine bread crumbs and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for about 35 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Now this is definitely a nice twist on the ol' mac-&-cheese, & since I'd originally intended this to go to a neighbor couple I sometimes cook for (& who love mack-&-cheese), I doubled the recipe so I could have a whole batch of it just for the 2 of us! ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS, especially the use of the ham & apples! It certainly is a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]