Ham and Cheese Breakfast Egg-Tacos
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
4 large egg-tacos
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1/4 cup rice milk
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- cooking spray, for skillet
- 8 cheese slices or 8 about 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 slices deli ham, thinly sliced (or thinly sliced Easter ham!)
- spinach, sauteed
- bell pepper, sauteed
- onion, sauteed
- fresh fruit, to serve with tacos
- Add eggs, milk and seasoning salt to bowl. Whisk.
- Scoop about 3/4 cup of eggs into a well greased 8" skillet. (I used cooking spray between each one.) (A larger skillet will require more than 8 eggs for 4 "tortillas". A smaller skillet will make more, but smaller "tortillas.").
- Let the eggs set over medium-high heat and then gently tilt and spin the skillet allowing the eggs to set up along the edge as well. Shake the skillet slightly after the egg has set to prevent it from burning or browning too much, and to move the egg along the top to encourage it to cook.
- Reduce heat to medium-low heat until the egg has cooked through. There is no need to flip, as the egg tortilla is thin and has cooked through.
- Slide the egg onto a clean surface or plate to load the other ingredients.
- Note: 2 eggs plus 1 tablespoon milk makes 1 "egg tortilla" in an 8" skillet. So do the math to figure out how many you'll need to prepare to have enough tortillas.
- Once the egg tortillas are made, top with the cheese slices or shredded cheese so the heat from the eggs will melt the cheese. Add the ham (and other prepared veggies) over the cheese.
- Roll up the egg-taco and eat warm with a side of fresh fruit.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.