Ham and Cheese Bow Ties
Posted for request on what to do with leftover ham. Well this is a great way!
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (bow tie)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded colby cheese
- 4 ounces cooked ham, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup frozen baby peas (thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook pasta for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter and saute garlic for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook until smooth.
- Add milk gradually, stirring constantly.
- Bring to a boil for 1 minute and then add mustard and Colby cheese.
- Continue to heat until cheese is melted, stirring all the while.
- Remove from heat, add ham, peas and pasta.
- Pour into a 2 quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 8 more