Halupki Casserole (Stuffed Cabbage Casserole)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- Chop garlic, pepper, and onion.
- In a large bowl add melted butter, 1 T garlic salt, and 1 T black pepper to the chopped vegetables.
- Add UNCOOKED rice and RAW ground beef and mix really well.
- In a medium bowl mix tomato sauce, brown sugar, 1 T garlic salt, 1 T black pepper, and water. Adjust season to your taste. We like it a little sweeter so I usually use about 1 1/2 c brown sugar.
- In a 9" x 13" pan spread half of the sliced cabbage, enough to cover the bottom.
- Loosely cover the cabbage with the meat mixture. Don't press the meat down just lay it on top of the cabbage.
- Cover meat with remaining sliced cabbage and pour sauce over the top.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for about 2 hours or cabbage is soft.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!