Halloween Spider Web Munch
photo by Anonymous
- Ready In:
- 1 (12 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups kelloggs Rice Krispies
- Heat chocolate chips and 3/4 cup peanut butter in small, heavy-duty saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sugar, stir vigorously until smooth.
- Put cereal in a large bowl.
- Add 1 cup melted chocolate mixture to cereal, stir to coat well.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Using a small spatula, shape into a 10-inch circle with slightly raised, 1-inch wide border.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture in center of circle; spread to border.
- FOR SPIDERWEB: place remaining peanut butter into small plastic bag.
- Cut tiny hole on one corner of bag, squeeze to pipe concentric circles on top of chocolate.
- Using wooden pick or tip of sharp knife, pull tip through peanut butter from center to border.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Cut into wedges.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This looked awesome! And a tip to keep the bag from splitting when piping the peanut butter. Warm it in the micro for 10 seconds b/4 using. My hubby and I stuck a plastic spider and fly on this, it looked great! The only thing was that this was overly rich for our tastes. Too much chocolate and since I love chocolate so much I thought I'd never say that:-)
I have made this the past 3 years for my daughter's birthday treat at school (October birthday) and the teachers and kids always love it. Sooo rich and yummy. I always buy the little black spiders to place on top too. Very cute! (I usually have some chocolate mixture leftover, it seems to make a lot)
see 2 more reviews