Halloween Butterfinger Eyes
photo by Izy Hossack
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1⁄8 ounces Butterfinger bar, finely chopped
- 12 ounces white chocolate or 12 ounces vanilla candy coating
- 40 M&M's plain chocolate candy
- red food coloring or decorating gel
- black food coloring or decorating gel
- In a mixing bowl stir together peanut butter and butter until creamy.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, stirring until combined.
- Stir in Butterfinger candy.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place on waxed paper.
- Freeze about 45 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in a double boiler or get a med sauce pan filled 1/4 of the way with water and heat until simmering and place a large glass or stainless steel bowl over top and turn heat off -if water is boiling it will scorch chocolate.
- Add chocolate to bowl, stir constantly until melted and smooth, if you want the coating thinner add a Tbs shortening until desired thickness is reached.
- Dip balls, one at a time, into coating. Let excess coating drip off
- Place on waxed paper, immediately press an M&M onto center of each peanut butter ball (you can also wait to put M&M's on until after set and just use a dot of your piped colored chocolate to adhere)
- Refrigerate until coating is firm.
- Using leftover white chocolate add red food coloring until desired color is reached (you may have to reheat) and place in a ziploc or pastry bag,cut a corner very small, pipe squiggly lines on eyes to make them look blood shot or use red decorating gel.
- Add a dot of black gel or black food colored coating to the center of M&M pieces for pupils.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!