- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 4 slices day-old white bread
- 1 large potato, grated and squeezed
- 1 large onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons grated halloumi cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 kg finely minced ground beef or 1 kg ground pork
- flour, for coating
- oil (for frying)
- Beat eggs lightly in a deep mixing bowl.
- Remove crust form bread and discard, soak bread in cold water and squeeze dry.
- Crumble in eggs and add onion, potato, herbs, garlic, cheese and seasonings.
- Add meat and blend lightly and thorough by mixing with hands.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- With moistened hands, shape into balls about the size of a small egg.
- Roll in flour and flatten each to a thick patty.
- Shallow fry in hot oil until nicely browned (6 minutes each side).
- Lift out and drain.
- Place in serving dish and keep hot until all patties are done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a really nice, tasty recipe and we both enjoyed the patties with Moroccan rice very much. Even though I used a lot more haloumi than the recipe called for, we couldn't taste it at all - next time I'd just fry it up as usual and serve on the side, as it's far too nice to get drowned out! Thanks for a quick, yummy recipe!Reply