Halibut With Mushrooms
photo by lalalere
- Ready In:
- 2 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms or 2 cups white mushrooms
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, grated or 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 halibut steaks or 4 halibut fillets
- In a bowl, mix together, mushrooms, onions, mayonnaise, parsley, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Place fish on greased rimmed baking sheet or broiling pan; broil for 5 minutes.
- With a lifter, turn fish over; spread mushroom mixture evenly over fish.
- Broil until mushroom mixture is golden brown and fish flakes easily when tested, about 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Oh boy!! This is delicious!! We eat a lot of fish and halibut is one of our favorites, so this recipe was made for us! I used the filets, and white mushrooms. The topping is scrumptious! I thought it might be a little lemony, but NOT! The flavors came together beautifully. Very easy recipe. I will make this again! Thanks Dorothy for another winner!
This was absolutely delicious!<br/><br/>I have to agree with other reviewers-cook the halibut on its first side for longer than 5 minutes, THEN flip it over and pour the sauce. It's not a big problem, but cooking the halibut with the sauce on it for longer made the sauce run off.<br/><br/>But otherwise, this was a huge success, the mix of flavours was amazing! Perfect with pasta.