Halibut Smothered in Vidalia Onions
photo by AcadiaTwo
- Ready In:
- 1 lb halibut
- 1⁄2 large vidalia onion
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed (dry)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 green onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- Preheat oven for 375°F.
- Slice vadalia onions.
- Chop parsley and green onion into small pieces.
- In skillet saute onion, green onion and parsley in 1 TBSP of margarine until vadalia onion is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- In a measuring cup mix mayonnaise, dill weed, pepper, salt, lemon juice together.
- In a bowl add the sauteed onion, green onion and parsley.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the sauteed items and mix together.
- Melt the remaining tablespoon of margarine. (I use the microwave).
- In a baking dish spread the melted margarine in the bottom.
- Place the halibut in the baking dish.
- Place the onion/mayonnaise mixture on top of the fish.
- Bake fish in the oven at 350 F for 20 minutes or until fish is flaky.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a graphic artist, food blogger, photographer...