- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 cups halibut (cooked, cold)
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 cup oil-and-vinegar dressing (French Dressing (Not Catalina Style) or your own recipe)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- salad greens
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, more as desired (use a good quality, such as Hellmann's)
- capers, for garnish
- 1 pimento pepper, cut into fancy shapes
- The halibut should have been poached in salted water.
- Flake into rather large pieces.
- Moisten with salad dressing and chill thoroughly.
- Mix the halibut, cucumber, onion, salt and pepper with sufficient mayonnaise to hold the ingredients together.
- Serve on salad greens and garnish with capers and pimiento pieces.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!